Friday, August 20, 2010

Mixed Emotion

This was written on August 20th, 2010

Lighter than the feathers atop me
Your daggers fly
I laugh in your face
As you try to trace
The sound of my voice
Attempting to cause me pain
But the rain
Hides my scent
The path that I went
To get to this moment
Ridden with obstacles
Like you
And all the things you put me through
Just make me stronger
So I will live longer
Regardless of your effort
Even this sort
Of treacherous
Cliff
Where I make my decision
Becomes a transition
In my life
Where I exceed the strife
Transcending
Pushing and defending
Fighting
Forcing and righting
The wrongs of the world
As my whole life unfurled
I pushed for you
Still you put me through
This
As I wait for a kiss
Filled with poison
A knife attached
Permanently
To your hand
Still I can stand
The pain
Because the rain
Washes away
Everything you say
About my reactions
Whatever you do
I will continue to be true
To myself
Keeping my heart on a shelf
Away from your hands
So that anyone who stands
Near it
Will decide to quit
Still you stand here
Despite the implications
Of our destinations
Whether we hate
Or fight against fate
This will come to an end
When both of our bodies bend
To age
And even this rage
Will subside
To the tide
Of human life

No comments:

Post a Comment