Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Broken Promises

This was written on September 21st, 2010

It's not that I don't trust you personally
However, your actions seem a might suspicious
That is not to say that you are suspect
I just find myself wanting to inspect
Your virtues
So put yourself in my shoes
You cheated on him once before
Saying that you needed more
Than what he was giving
Now I'm reliving this vision
Of him in pain
Just after he's begun to recover
From another wound
You ditched your last boy toy
Don't try to be coy
About how you did it either
You threw him aside
Regardless of his disrespect toward you
I find myself wondering
Will my friend suffer too
Be tossed aside as you did the first time
Even as you pushed aside the last slime
So do not take it personally
I just wish to protect my brother
Because that is what he is to me
So when he hurts I am brought to my knees
Finding pleas
Working up from deep inside me
Praying for his pain to end
If only for a moment
I cannot bear to see him suffer again
In fact I will brand you with sin
Should you break him as you have before
Because you need that
The responsibility of upholding him
As he wishes to uphold you
So please
I wish to put the past behind
Show me that you will not
That you will not
Break my friend
Or I will have to break you

No comments:

Post a Comment