Friday, April 29, 2011

Regurgitation

This was written on April 29th, 2011

A craving for knowledge growing and flowing
The river that created the Grand Canyon
Faster than the passion can grow
It is overwhelmed by the useless
Commercials flooding my mind
Products I would not dare to dream of using
Closing my eyes I can see more images
Littering the inside of my eyelids
Clawing at my eyes to make it stop
To see the black behind my lids again
Sitting in complete darkness for weeks
Just wishing
Wishing that I could go back to my childhood
Not for the innocence of the world
Or the lack of responsibility
Purely so I can feel a passion for learning
A passion so pure that its white hot flame
Would not be dissuaded by media's fourth coming
People seem to cope with this flood
Better than I've ever been able to
So many issues with society and culture
So little time to even open my mouth
Another plate of information devoured
I can feel my insides burning
Begging me to stop and take a break
But I know not how
I've been taught to gorge myself
Take what I can while I can take it
Fear pushes me forward
There may not be another day
For me to learn this
Somewhere along the way I forgot something
It was important
I know that I set it down near here
Near the first memories of my childhood
Or was it here when I was part of a team of greats
Maybe it was here when I got my first real job
I can't find it and the memory of its existence fades
Again I tried searching
Hoping for an answer that I once knew no question to
But another plate is set down in front of me
Filled with information of a royal wedding
I try to protest that I'm full
Try to explain that I don't like this food
But as I open my mouth
I feel the information shoved in
Convulsing, I feel as if I'm about to explode
All those buffets of information start leaking out
Every orifice pours out words and pictures
Movies and novels
Stories and math I'd never dreamed of
Everything I'd ever wanted to know goes with it
I sit with a passion again
But no reasonable understanding of where to begin
Surrounded by regurgitated knowledge
I begin to gorge once more

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that the Colorado River no longer flows into the ocean?

    ReplyDelete