Monday, April 30, 2012

Hiding Your Apology

This was written April 30th, 2012

Trying to put on a face
Trying to erase
The place
In my heart
Where you still exist
As you were before
Cause the you now
Doesn't seem
To remember
All that we went through
Together
Doesn't remember
Everything that we said
All the promises
That we made
To each other
I asked
A simple question
You responded
Like Muhammed Ali
In a fight for his life
As if my question
Was an assault
And I realized
Truly
That what we were
Before
Is gone now
Lost in the wind
Because of our sins
Against each other
So now
So now I cry
Because for the last month
I have been unable to cry
Unable to let out
All of the sadness
You filled me with
Now you're leaving
Leaving me
No explanation
No rationalization
As to how you treated me
I loved you once
But not no more
I'd rather score
With a four penny whore
Than lay with you again
In our own little sin
Where breath
Met bare skin
Because as much as I loved you
That love is broken now
I hope someday
You realize what you did
And come back to apologize
Not to try and win me back
Just to say
I'm sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment