Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Catacombs of my soul

This was written June 21st, 2011

Deeper than anything:
The graveyard of my soul
Every passage has branches
More tombs than any graveyard
Could ever hold
My soul is the soil
Soil for those around me
The ground on which you stand
Walk upon me softly
Every breath taken
Shifts stones deep inside
Opening another passage
Another tunnel
Inside my catacombs

Not one man, woman or child
Buried inside this tomb
Just the past
Buried for the better
The future shines through
Small cracks between each stone
The light of my life

Brighten forever more
A graveyard of memories
Passages of time and love
Come and go as you please
But I ask
With every sight you see
Add another
Make another memory inside
Forge another pathway
In my mind
For nothing is greater
Than the memories
I have here

No comments:

Post a Comment