Saturday, February 19, 2011

Failed Faith

This was written on February 19th, 2011

Been trying not to write
Not to bite
Onto your lies
There are no fries
In my basket of grease
Nothing left to feed you
Use the salt to heal your wounds
But my hands can't seal them
Too much blood for me to stop
Your heart beats too hard
Too fast

Last night my head hit the pavement
Slammed senseless
Without remorse or recourse
Just a straight path to the grave
Where I sit with the flowers
Pushing them from my chest
There is no rest
For me now

There is something I must conquer
Standing by your side
My hands stained with your blood
I lift you up
High into the clouds
Letting you soar above the others
I became your pedestal
A year and a half ago

Your first words meant nothing
Our first hug had no feeling
Emotion passed between us
Without a consideration
Now I'm sitting here
With a broken pen
Ink staining my hands
The same way your blood did
In a dream I once told you of
Where a girl bled out in my arms
You did not know
Because I did not want you to

Now I hide in my own faith
It's disturbing
Because I'm still afraid
To tell you the truth

No comments:

Post a Comment